By Erica Gordon
Are you living the life you dreamed about when you were a child? Do you remember your dreams?
Most people are not living their dreams. They were taught to go to school, get a college degree and start a career that would earn a lot of money and make them happy. Society teaches children that a formal education is the key to achieving their dreams and a happy life. By the time most kids reach high school, they’ve forgotten about their childhood dreams.
The challenge for many women is that they tend to lack enough confidence in themselves to make their dreams come true. If they have a family or other responsibilities that compete for their time, some women may not believe it’s realistic to follow their dreams. Moms are likely to feel guilty or selfish and they often let these feelings stop them from creating the life they want.
The good news is that you can go after what you want and achieve it, no matter where you are in life right now. You just have to decide that you are ready and make it non-negotiable. Now this doesn’t mean that you have to neglect your family, quit your job or any other drastic change. Instead it means that you can take intentional steps today and start creating the life of your dreams.
Here are 5 steps you can take right now to go after what you want:
1. Write your dreams down. One reason why you’re not living your dreams may be because you don’t remember them. Life has gotten in the way and you’ve become disconnected. Spend time alone and recall your childhood dreams. Think back to when you were between 7 and 9 years old. What did you want to do or become when you grew up?
2. Share your dreams with someone you trust. This one can be tricky because everyone is not going to buy into your dreams or support you in living them. So you want to be selective about sharing. When you share your dreams with another person, it becomes more of a reality. You now have another person who’s holding you accountable.
3. Pick the dream/goal that you want to accomplish first and set a date. Is this something you want accomplish in the next 30 – 90 days, 1 year, 5 years, etc.? Set a date and write it down. Now it’s in your face on paper and no longer floating around in your head.
4. Create a realistic plan of action based on where you are today. You have to start where you are. The only way you’ll make any progress is to know what you want (which you’ve already identified) and to create a plan to get there.
5. Take action. Taking action will remove your fears and doubts and begin to build your confidence. This doesn’t have to be a giant, drastic step. In fact, your first step should be small so you can see how easy it is for you to do this.
Following these guidelines will help you start living the life of your dreams now. Don’t wait another day as none of us are promised tomorrow. You’ve waited long enough and now is your time.
I love supporting moms in their journey to achieving their dreams. As a mom of four, I understand the many challenges women face when it comes to achieving their dreams.
If you love what you read here and feel that you need a little more support, I would love to connect with you and see how I can support you in your journey to your dreams.
You can visit my website, http://momswithdreams.com, contact me by email at Erica@momswithdreams.com or connect with me on Facebook or Twitter.
Tags: mum's dreams, working mums
Building and raising a family far away from close relatives…
There are two major activities babies do when they are…
Adesua Iyoyojie Women don’t necessarily have to give up their…
Adesua Iyoyojie Women and sacrifice go together like peas in…
You know those moments when motherhood makes you cringe and…
It’s a whole new life of discovery for first-time moms.…
Mark Wealth During pregnancy, the body gains weight so as…
Adesua Iyoyojie The word housemaids means different things to each…
Adesua Iyoyojie Some parents are abusive and won’t back down…
Thanks for the advice
Thanks for the tips
Yes i am but its stil remaing.. the older i get the more i want. lols. Thanks for the tips MISM
Tnx for d advise
Nice tips..thanks MIM
tnx fr dis
Thanks admin. No excuses
Your email address will not be published.