A family of three; a man, his wife and child, died in Emeyal community in Ogbia, Bayelsa State, after inhaling fumes from the generator kept in their living room. Their corpses were reportedly discovered three days after their deaths following offensive odour emanating from their decomposing bodies.
According to Punch, a resident of the community, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “The entire family slept on Sunday. There was no sign of them till Wednesday afternoon when we started smelling foul odour from their house. The odour was saturating the entire neighbourhood and it got us curious. The family always kept to themselves and that was why nobody discovered them on time. Toxic gas from a generator killed them. They must have inhaled it while sleeping. We called the police.”
Confirming the incident, the police identified the deceased family’s name as Ibieneye Tubotamuno.
Police Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Asinim Butswat, said bodies of the victims were discovered at about 3.50pm on Wednesday following distress calls to the police by people of the area.
Butswat said, “On July 29, 2015 at about 1550 hours, policemen responded to a distress call, that a foul smell was oozing out of the house of one Ibieneye Tubotamuno, at Emeyal Community, in the Ogbia Local Government Area. The policemen forced the door open and discovered the dead bodies of Ibieneye Tubotamuno, male, 34; Jennifer Asiagbuladia, female, 30; and Goodluck Tubotamuno, boy, eight years. Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased must have died about three days back, when they were last seen, as a result of inhaled fumes from a generator exhaust, which was kept inside their living room. Corpses have been deposited at the Federal Medical Centre Mortuary, Yenagoa, for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing.”
Tags: Dangers of inhaling generator fumes
Speaking more quietly can drastically reduce the spread of deadly…
Jennifer Gobrecht, a woman told by doctors at age 17…
The World Health Organisation yesterday August 25, declared Africa free…
The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission has warned Nigerian parents against…
The World Health Organization (WHO) has revealed that the novel…
Scientists at Oxford University have revealed their new experimental Coronavirus…
Russian has announced it has completed the human trials of…
The British High Commission in Nigeria has said visa applications…
Since the novel coronavirus was discovered, researchers continue to work…
Yeah! May their souls rest in peace.
Hmmm what a loss! May their soul rest in peace.
May their souls RIP. Amen
We just need to apply caution when using using some of these things (generator and other domestic appliances).
Carelessness. Who keeps a gen in their living room
Wao! Wat a shocking news may their souls rest in peace.
Lord have mercy kai
There is no year without atleast one record of death from generator fumes.A wake up call to d govt n power sector of d country.May their soul RIP.
What carelessness? May their souls RIP.
This is what I call carelessness if not it then how can they explain keeping generator in a sitting room for christ sake..
hmmm.Na wa too.God save us
God keep us ooo.hmmm
may their souls rest in peace.but these deaths could have been avoided
This isa wake up call 2 our leader to fix our power sector. RIP to d dead
Your email address will not be published.