Assigning age-appropriate responsibilities to children from as early as possible is crucial to helping them acquire critical life skills as they grow. In case you’ve been wondering just what your little cutie between 2 – 4 years can help with around the house, here are simple chores to start with:
1. Sorting and putting their toys away after play. A toddler’s play area can be a totally mess after play. Teach them how to sort out their different toys after play and put them back in the appropriate place by practising the process together a couple of times. This will save you some stress soon enough.
2. Clearing the table after meals. Serve their meals in cute plastic plates and teach them how to tidy the table after a meal. Start by letting them clear scraps of food on the dining table, empty into the trash can and take the plate to the kitchen sink. They’ll learn fast after guiding them a few times and will subsequently feel like an adult doing it independently.
3. Sorting matching socks. This can help in teaching concepts of ‘same,’ ‘different,’ and even colours.
READ ALSO: 6 Tips To Get Your Kids To Do House Chores
4. Folding small pieces of laundry. Remember, the child is only a toddler, so, keep it simple by starting with small items like washcloths or tea towels. As they progress, you may add their t-shirts and other easy to fold pieces. They should also learn to put their dirty clothes in the hamper.
5. Watering outdoor plants. Give them a small watering can or put water in a big bucket and have them water your flowers and other outdoor plants. Let them know how this helps the plants. You could also have some fun splashing water at each other while at it.
6. Emptying small trash cans. They can also help you pour trash in small cans or wastebaskets into a big trash bag while you hold it.
Discover more ways to make your toddler useful in your home. Remember, whatever you choose to introduce must be simple and age-appropriate. Praise them all the way to motivate them to do more.
Tags: Appropriate chores for toddlers
The world’s first transgender doll has gone on sale in…
Edward Cortez’s letter to his class teacher who queried him over…
By Ameena Aliyu-Beighton Raising children is undoubtedly one of life’s…
A child’s cerebral palsy diagnosis affects his or her entire…
Kafayat Olawale Growing up for little children is all about…
By Eyinade Eweje Usually, children are always excited to be…
By Chiomah Momah You leave for work in the morning and…
If your child has a fit or a convulsion, they…
MATTHEW IMERHION Reading to your kids is essential to their…
Very lovely piece. Thanks for sharing MIM.
I sure try to engage them and we make it fun
Noted! Thanks MIM.
Noted ad happy weekend Admin
Thanks for sharing MIM.
Thanks for sharing
tnx fr sharing
tnx fr sharing.
This is a very nice piece, thanks MIM
Well noted! tanxs
Your email address will not be published.