See How Homemade Floor Polish Kills Mom And Her Two Children

A mother, Petrine Vambe (20) and her two children, Tadiwanashe (3) and Shamah, who had just turned one on this fateful day, have been killed. This was made possible by fire ignited by homemade floor polish which set their house ablaze, in Zimbabwe.

According to NewsDay, the deceased husband, Nyengeterai Muchenje ,28, sells floor polish for a living. The unfortunate incident happened in the evening when he was away for extra lessons.

”I was delayed by the rains and my wife decided to make some floor polish when the disaster struck,” The husband said.

The doctor said they [deceased] sustained 80 percent burns. The eldest child died instantly in the house while the one-year-old died on Monday morning and the mother, the following day.

”I have nothing left. The house was destroyed and my family is gone. I am grateful to Zanu PF structures in Epworth, who allowed me to use their offices in Overspill for the funeral wake. We are hoping  to bury them at my wife’s rural home in Chisecha Village in Mukumbura, Mt Darwin,” said Muchenje.

Reports from neighbors claimed that when the fire started, Vambe tried to toss a tin of polish outside the house, but it landed at the door, touching a paraffin container and a petrol generator.

”The whole house was on fire and people could not get inside. Vambe collapsed on the doorway until I pulled her and the baby on her back. She kept crying that the other child was in the house. We then broke the window, but it was too late, as the child had already died,” another neighbor, Arthur Beni said.

13 Discussions on
“See How Homemade Floor Polish Kills Mom And Her Two Children”

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.