Refreshing, low in calories and cholesterol free, coconut water contains easily digestible carbohydrates, fatty acids and electrolytes, has high hydrating properties like water, and offers a tasty and healthier alternative to fizzy drinks.
Find 6 of the several ways this tasty natural drink benefits your health below.
1. Contains a variety of essential nutrients. Coconut water is rich in calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, B-complex vitamins, vitamin c, amino acids, enzymes, antioxidants, among others. All these provide extra nourishment to your body and boost your immune system.
It is also said to help in flushing excess fluids and toxins from the body and contain plant hormones called cytokinins which have anti-aging and anticancer effects.
2. Aids digestion. Coconut water is high in fibre and also contains bioactive enzymes that help prevent indigestion and resolve or curb acid reflux.
READ ALSO: Check Out These Amazing Health Benefits of Eating Okra
3. Aids weight loss. Unlike processed drinks, it is low in calories, cholesterol-free and aids speedy fat metabolism. In addition, its rich fibre content makes you feel full for a long period and suppresses appetite.
Its rich potassium content also helps balance the level of sodium in the body, minimizing water retention which contributes to your overall weight gain.
4. Skin health. Applying coconut water to skin parts affected by acne and other skin troubles may help clear them up and tone the skin afterwards. Regular intake also helps nourish and moisturize the skin as it contains essential oils.
READ ALSO: See The Many Ways Ginger Benefits Your Pregnancy Health and More
5. Boosts Hydration. Coconut water is said to have more effective hydrating properties than sports and energy drinks. Aim for a glass after rigorous exercise or when extremely fatigued to rejuvenate yourself.
It also helps soothe tummy upsets and replace lost electrolytes after bouts of vomiting or stooling.
6. Reduces Blood Pressure. It prevents or curbs high blood pressure by balancing electrolytes in the body including sodium and potassium. It may also help reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing bad cholesterol level in the body.
Photo credit: shutterstock
Tags: Coconut, Coconut water, Health, Nutrition
A Pharmacist, Emmanuel Tangang, has warned that certain fruits and…
The World Health Organisation, WHO has warned that consuming two…
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition that affects the…
Abuja vet doctors under the auspices of Nigerian Veterinary Medical…
Water gives us life and we all know how good…
A dietician with the Lagos State Government, Mr. Olusola Malomo,…
Amoebiasis, also known amoebic dysentery, is an infection caused by…
Earlier this month, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued…
Nigerian beef snack, ‘Kilishi’ is loved by many but there’s…
Thanks for this info
This coconut we were told as kids will make us dull if we drink it looooool. Thanks for sharing MIM.
Thanks for sharing
Will drink tomorrow
Your email address will not be published.