Motherhood In-Style Magazine

Family. Parenting. Building Homes.

Kogi Tragedy: How Family of Four Died from Generator Fumes

The decomposing bodies of a man identified as John Oluwasegun Ayodele, 35, his wife, 30 and two children, aged four years and three months respectively, have been discovered in their building in Obajana, Kogi State.

The nuclear family of four were suspected to have been killed by fumes from a generator mounted in the house. The late Ayodele was reported to have been last seen on Friday July 28, according to The Guardian.

Apprehension reportedly set in when the deceased was not seen by his neighbours the following day. Worried over the continued stay indoors of the family till Saturday evening, their neighbours made several calls on Sunday to Ayodele’s mobile phone, which were not answered.

READ ALSO: Liberian Couple Suffocates to Death From Generator Fumes

Ayodele’s cousin, Chief Richard Asaje, said he was contacted by neighbours and decided to check on him at home. On getting to the apartment, the door was forced open and they discovered the lifeless bodies of the four persons, after policemen were alerted to the development.
He explained that fumes from a generator were suspected to be the cause of the death, following the discovery of a generating set inside the building.

”The incident happened on Saturday. It should be around 12 midnight on Saturday. He put a generator inside his toilet and locked the door. The house is a concrete building and it was discovered that he locked the window.

Unfortunately, we never knew something had happened the second day; we had to force the door open following the stench emanating from the house.”

May their souls rest in peace!
3 Discussions on
“Kogi Tragedy: How Family of Four Died from Generator Fumes”

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.