Maintaining a healthy weight can often be a struggle, but there are numerous tricks which you can play on yourself to help keep weight gain in check. Whether you’re looking to shed some weight, or simply establish a healthy lifestyle, the first place to start is to not just to change what you eat, but the way you eat.
Self-empowerment coach, psychotherapist and hypnotherapist Toni Mackenzie says to do the following:
• Give your meal full attention while you’re eating.
• Inhale the aroma of the dish before you even taste it.
• Take small bites, savour the flavour on your tongue, notice the texture as you chew, identify the different flavours within each mouthful. Take your time and really enjoy the whole experience.
READ ALSO: 12 Things That’ll Make You Add On the Pounds
• Make your food look appetising. Think about adding a variety of different coloured vegetables or fruits to your plate or dish so it looks attractive.
• Put smaller portions on your plate. Most people who don’t eat healthily tend to finish everything on their plate, even when they would have been satisfied with less. If when you’ve eaten all that’s on your plate you are genuinely still hungry you could always add a little more.
• Chew each mouthful around 30 times: Eating until you are full and eating quickly triples your risk of becoming overweight. Digestion starts in the mouth and as we chew we are releasing salivary enzymes like amylase that begin the breakdown of food, specifically carbohydrates.
Tags: weight loss
A young woman with one husband, 9 children who is…
The United Nations Children’s Education Fund, UNICEF, on Monday shared a side…
You’ve just had a baby. You expected to be basking…
A young mom, Neshe Vont’e is currently experiencing the joy of…
I was watching a Jessica Parker movie titled, ‘I don’t…
Kris Jenner, 62, addressed the cheating scandal and revealed how Khloé was…
Toyin Osaigbovo Your new baby is on its way. What…
Neo-Soul/Afro-pop, Lami Phillips-Gbadamosi, is a singer and mom of two, and is married…
By Funke Eweje Do you feel so helpless about that…
Thanks for sharing MIM and happy New Month Y”all
That’s just the fact. Happy New months MIM family
I know for sure some of these tips does work. Thanks MIM for sharing.
Thanks.. Happy sunday
thanks for sharing
Wow…..thanks for sharing.
Well appreciated admin
Thanks for sharing MIM
They seem like helpful tips
I like eating fast and hot food.Will learn to adjust
Thanks mim for sharing
MIM you rock.
Tnx 4 sharing, happy new month
thanks MIM i watched sometin like dis,i think in Mtv Base last nyt
great tips for a healthy living,Thanks MIM
Your email address will not be published.