The daily demands of motherhood can be pretty hard on the average mum. While it’s great to constantly be on your toes working at being your best for your kids, you should remember to indulge yourself often, especially in things you love. This relaxes you and curbs stress because really, a stressed up mum does all she has to do, but with a lot more screaming and frowns than is actually necessary.
Find 7 cool ideas to start with:
READ ALSO: 5 Ways To Feel Good In Your Post-baby Body
1. Be stylish. Are you one of those mums with the trade mark ‘booboo’ gowns, maternity jeans, sweat shirts, no make-up, or do you believe that being a mum disqualifies you from looking drop dead gorgeous? Well, truth be told, every mum can and should look good. Indulging yourself this way is not so much about proving to the world that after the kids you can still look good. Instead, it’s about igniting fiery warmth within you because somehow, looking good does feel really good and come on, who wants to pass on a good feeling? So, get your body out of every baggy excuse for clothes and get dressed in pretty dresses that fit. It does a whole lot for your self-esteem.
2. Have lazy days. If we insist on a lifestyle of working round the clock, we will never get to actually rest. So, we’ve got to deliberately choose our lazy days when we will get off work and get help to man the home front while we take off to enjoy some leisure for a few days. Find a cool, pocket-friendly place to have quality ‘me’ time without your children or perhaps, opt for some fresh air and food in the village. While you enjoy your mini-vacay, engage in deep breathing and plenty of meditation. Early morning walks too are perfect.
READ ALSO: 9 Ways to Cope With Stress During Pregnancy
3. It’s all about the nails. We may be hands-on mums with kids but still, somewhere on the inside, we remain ladies who love to get their nails done. So, choose a time when you and some girlfriends can hit the salon for some pedicure, manicure and girl gist.
4. Rub my back. The relaxative power of massage is undisputed. So, paying for a professional massage at a spa is money worth splashing. True, to the mind, a full body massage will all be over in a matter of say, 60 minutes, but to the body, the effect lasts way longer in the days to come. So, without further ado, get yourself to that spa and enjoy!
5. I’m sexy & I know it. Umhm, we may not be the average hot 18-year-old teen but come on, we can still be sexy and yes, it’s not about the clothes this time, it’s about what’s under. The underwear! Get yourself some really sexy bras and panties and try them on. You’ll look and feel sexy, you’ll know it, and HE will too.
READ ALSO: 9 Amazing Benefits of Drinking Honey, Lemon & Warm Water Mixture
6. Take my order. It’s great to be this hands-on mum that puts long hours into preparing these wonderful homemade meals. But trust me, by now, the message has been passed across to your hubby and kids – mum can cook! Order dinner sometimes. The hours you would have spent cooking can then be spent indulging yourself in some other fun activity that will keep a bit of stress off you.
7. Behind open books. As mums, we hardly ever take out time to engage our minds. One way we can easily do this is through reading. Depending on the type of book, reading has a way of taking you out of the stress of your immediate environment and bringing you into a fun, exciting world which was created to be enjoyed, and nothing more!
Tags: Cool ways to indulge yourself, How to beat stress, overwhelmed mums
Being a little girl’s mom is is fairly easy, because you…
Australian mom, Fiona Simpson, 23, was driving from Nanango on…
Nigerian actress and philanthropist, Tonto Dikeh, 33, is presently filled…
Emma Martin, 29, from Woking, Surrey; admits she viewed her…
Do you experience ‘mom-guilt’ when you drop off your toddlers…
Frankie Beresford never got to meet her baby brother, but…
Motherhood! British track and road cyclist, and four-time Olympic champion,…
The experience of pregnancy varies from one woman to the…
A stay-at-home mom, Amy Hardcastle who still breastfeeds her 5-year-old…
Hehehehehe cool tips. Thanks MIM.
Nice one MIM. Thanks for sharing
No dulling, thanks MIM.
I really wish I had the time to do even half these stuff
Oh yes! Cool tips. Tnx MIM
Thanks for sharing
Cool tips!thanks mim
Your email address will not be published.