Here’s What Celebrity Dad, D’banj Is Saying About The Rape Allegations Against Him

Celebrity dad, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo aka D’banj has reacted to the rape allegations that were leveled against him about two weeks ago.

On June 3, a Nigerian model scout, Benjamin Ese, alleged that the music star raped his friend on December 31, 2018, at Glee hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos.

Subsequently, the woman revealed herself on Twitter. Seyitan Babatayo claimed she is the one D’Banj allegedly raped and she narrated how it happened.

Seyitan, in a series of Twitter posts @seyitannn, narrated how she had been invited to an all-white party at Eko Atlantic by D’banj’s manager. She claims that after the party, D’banj managed to obtain the key to her hotel room from a staff of the hotel and gained entrance while she was asleep.

She went further to share how she refused his offer to pay her for sex, but still woke up to find him in her room, after which he allegedly assaulted her. She then demanded a public apology from D’banj, through her lawyers (Ojoge, Omileye, and Partners).

READ ALSO: Nigerian Woman, Seyitan, Provoked By Celebrity Dad, Dbanj’s Anti-Rape Post Shares ‘Proof’ That He Raped Her

In reaction, D’banj said the allegations was lies from the pit of hell. He then released screenshots of legal documents filed by his lawyers. In the legal documents, D’banj’s legal representatives said the artiste totally denies the allegations.

D’banj’s reps accused his accusers of defamation and said Seyitan is a “gold digger”. The singer’s lawyers also demanded “100, 000 million Naira compensatory deposit to assuage his battered image.”

Sharing screenshots of the legal documents, D’banj wrote:

”Today is exactly 1 week after my birthday and this will be the only time I will address the recent false allegations and lies from the pit of hell. I have chosen to do so because the incident is a slap to my marriage and my beautiful wife, my entire family and those who believe in me.

I did not want to dignify the slurs with a response but it appears my silence has empowered my accusers to think I have been scared into the shadows so I would like to state that This Accusation are false and ludicrous and Have been handed over to my Legal Team, while the Nigerian Police is Investigating the Criminal aspect of it.

It’s unfortunate that this is coming a few weeks before the second anniversary of my late son Daniel And this well timed falsehood has reopened the painful scars of my deep loss. To my fans and loved ones , thanks for the support, your prayers and your positive comments. The truth will always prevail . God bless us all. 🙏🙏🙏.”

READ ALSO: Shocking Reactions Of Some Nigerians To The Rape & Murder Of UNIBEN Student, Uwa Omozuwa Is An Eye-Opener

Credit@iambangalee

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.