Welcome to the start of our Saturday treats. Starting from today, every week, we will be giving you a recipe that’s easy and fun to cook with the kids. This may be a great way to bond with the kids, help them acquire some culinary skills and set their minds in different directions.
This week’s recipe is Chocolate Muffins. Nothings says happy like Chocolate. Enjoy!
- 125g Plain Flour
- 25g Coco powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 60g sugar
- 2tbsp oil
- 100ml milk
- For the icing:
- 500g icing sugar
- 1/2-1 tbsp warm water
What to do
- preheat the oven to 160C, sieve the flour, coco powder and baking powder into the bowl.
- mix the egg, milk, oil and sugar together in a jug.
- pour the egg mixture into the bowl (add chocolate chips now to make double chocolate muffins) and mix until combined but still lumpy.
- spoon mixture into cake cases and put the tray in the oven at 160C for 20 minutes until set and cracked at the top. If not quite set, put back in for another 10 minutes.
- while cooking make up some icing by adding water to the the icing sugar slowly and bit by bit until the consistency of golden syrup. Add more icing sugar or water if needed.
- once muffins are done, leave them to stand for 5 minutes then cover in icing. Then it’s ready! Think you have a better recipe for Chocolate muffins? Let us know what makes yours supreme. Source: BBC Good Food