Fathers-To-Be: What To Do When Your Wife Goes Into Labour
Childbirth comes with a lot of mixed emotions of excitement and fear. Pregnant women need to be supported by their husbands or baby daddies during pregnancy and most especially when they begin to show first signs of labor.
This can be frightening for the man especially if he has no clue on what to do. Here are a few tips on what men can do when their wives go into labor…
- Ensure her hospital bag is ready and handy way before her due date.
- Keep the numbers of your wife’s doctor or hospital on speed dial.
- Give her doctors or hospital a call as soon as her water breaks.
- During early labor, encourage mum-to-be to rest for as long as possible, especially if labor is overnight. During the day or if she can’t rest overnight, encourage her to change positions often, preferably in upright positions.
- Tell her she’s doing great!
Time a few contractions, keeping a record, but don’t get caught up in it. She needs you, and stressing over how long contractions are can keep mum distracted too.
Help her to relax by offering a massage or placing pressure on her hips or lower back (most labouring women prefer this to massage, especially as it intensifies).
If she has lower back pain, use a heat back on her lower back and press in firmly. Help her find comfortable positions.
- Also take care of yourself by finding time to eat and rest. You need to be fine to be there for her as the next days would be very demanding.
Over to the father in the house. Thanks MIM for sharing
My hubby is amazing man, even when he wasn’t allow to come in, he still send words of encouragement to me through the nurse. One I won’t forget eventhough I was in my active stage of labor was ‘tell her I love her’ this greatly helped. MIM thanks for refreshing my memory lol.
Well detailed piece. I hope the men read this article. Thanks MIM for sharing.
Well put.. this will help our brothers… lol.. I pray panic wont cause them to forget all or most of these tips.
Some men no matter how strong are afraid of that stage called labour and delivery.lol
Interesting. My hubby must read this.
House u pple shld help me ad thank my soul mate he did exactly wat is here when I was abt to put to bed. There are still God sent husbands
My husband did it when I was about to deliever hahahaha
Most of them can’t stand the heat.
Too much of panic won’t let dem remember all these, tanks MIM
Written it down on my note pad
Hubby is always there sha