So much has been said about the high nutritional value of breast milk and the importance of breastfeeding, but you probably know very little about its many other uses, not just for the new baby but for every member of the family! True to its high nutritional content, breast milk has a great therapeutic value and can be used to remedy many conditions. See below.
1. Rashes, Acne, and Eczema can be treated by simply applying breast milk after washing affected area with water. Leave to dry. You will be amazed at the result in 24 hours!
2. Stop itching caused by mosquito bites, ant bites and chicken pox by applying breast milk to the affected areas, rubbing in thoroughly as you would ointment or calamine lotion.
3. You do not need to go far in remedying sore or cracked nipples resulting from breastfeeding. All you need to do after breastfeeding is to apply your own breast milk on the sore nipple and leave to dry before covering the breast.
4. Unbelievably, breast milk is a great facial cleanser, useful for removing make-up. It also has the capacity to cleanse the face of dirt and bacteria. Simply apply on the face and wipe clean with a cotton pad.
5. Treat conjunctivitis and other eye infections with breast milk by spurting milk directly from the breast into the infected eye as often as possible until the eye is completely healed. In the case of a baby, because it may be difficult to spurt the milk directly into the eye, you may have to wait until the baby is asleep then spurt the milk gently into the eye after carefully raising the eye lid.
6. Breast milk can be used to clean burns, scratches and cuts by applying and gently rubbing the affected area. Leave to dry before bandaging, if necessary.
7. Simply spurt breast milk into the infected ear to treat ear infection. You can do this as many times as possible, as there are no side effects with using breast milk.
8. Get rid of sore throat and mouth sores fast by using breast milk. Older children and adults may prefer to gargle the milk in their mouth for several seconds. This will help to heal a sore throat. Apply milk on mouth sore and leave to dry.
9. During sexual intercourse, breast milk can be used as a lubricant. Expressing the milk and applying on the male organ, is said to offer same effect as with any other lubricant.
10. Breast milk is also an excellent immunity booster. If you have older children that are always sickly, express some milk in a cup and give them to drink from time to time.