Popular media personality, Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze of Cool FM took to social media to make a revelation about his mother, who is Romanian.
”Moma slaying! This #SlayQueen is a professor of Law, provost of a college of law and deputy vice chancellor of a Nigerian university.
But her greatest accomplishment, to the glory of God is she beat stage 3 cancer 10 years ago????. I thank you LORD each day for her life! ~FRZ”
According to nationalbreastcancer.org, Stage 3 cancer means the breast cancer has extended to beyond the immediate region of the tumor and may have invaded nearby lymph nodes and muscles, but has not spread to distant organs.
Although this stage is considered to be advanced, there are a growing number of effective treatment options.
This stage is divided into three groups: Stage 3A, Stage 3B, and Stage 3C. The difference is determined by the size of the tumor and whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and surrounding tissue.
Stage 3A means one of the following:
- no tumour is seen in the breast or the tumour may be any size and cancer is found in 4 to 9 lymph glands under the arm or in the lymph glands near the breastbone.
- the tumour is larger than 5cm and small clusters of breast cancer cells are in the lymph nodes
- the tumour is more than 5cm and has spread into up to 3 lymph nodes in the armpit or to the lymph nodes near the breastbone.
Stage 3B means the tumour has spread to the skin of the breast or the chest wall. The chest wall means the structures surrounding and protecting the lungs, such as the ribs, muscles, skin or connective tissues.
The cancer has made the skin break down (an ulcer) or caused swelling. The cancer may have spread to up to 9 lymph nodes in the armpit or to the lymph nodes near the breastbone.
Stage 3C means the tumour can be any size, or there may be no tumour. But there is cancer in the skin of the breast, causing swelling or an ulcer and it has spread to the chest wall. It has also spread to one or more of the following structures:
- 10 or more lymph nodes in the armpit.
- lymph nodes above or below the collar bone.
- lymph nodes in the armpit and near the breastbone.
Photo credit: Freeze/Instagram