The fallopian tubes are two thin tubes, one on each side of the uterus, through which the mature egg from the ovaries passes to the uterus, or in a lesser biological term, the passage where your eggs travel to get ready to be cooked.
When that passage is blocked, you can more or less say that you have a blocked fallopian tube, it can occur on both or one side. This is also known as tubal factor infertility, and is the cause of infertility in 40% of infertile women.
Unlike an ovulation, (a woman doesn’t ovulate when she doesn’t release eggs monthly) where irregular periods is a sign, there are really no major signs to show that you have a blocked fallopian tube.
Now because of the T-junction’d like shape of the fallopian tube, it has been researched and proven that blockages can occur anywhere from between the fallopian tubes, to the uterus itself. There are a lot of reasons why blockages can occur, some of which are:
1. Fibriod Tumours
2. Pelvic inflammatory disease. These are commonly gotten from sexually transmitted diseases such as, gonorrhea or chlamydia
3. Complications from lower abdominal surgery such as Cesarean section
4. History of uterine infection caused by an abortion or miscarriage
Although, the most typical procedure to clear a blocked fallopian tube is to undergo a surgery, there are other methods less daunting like having:
- Abdominal or fertility massage: The friction and pressure from the massage helps to break up scar tissue, it increases circulation and aids in tissue elimination, it also helps to reduce inflammation and helps the body to loosen tight or twisted tissues.
- Castor Oil Therapy: A Castor Oil Pack is a cloth soaked in castor oil which is placed on the skin to enhance circulation and promote healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin. Castor oil therapy assists fallopian tubes by helping to soften the tissues and increase circulation to the area.
- Herbal Therapies: When it comes to the clearing of the fallopian tubes, the herbs can be divided into 4 which are, Antibiotic, Anti-inflammatory, Circulatory, and the Hormone Balancing. The antibiotic helps to clear out the infection, the anti-inflammatory helps to reduce inflammation, which in turn reduces pain and works to reduce further scar tissue production, the circulatory herbs helps to increase blood flow through the reproductive organs. Healthy circulation to the reproductive organs is vital to healing the fallopian tubes, and the hormone balancing is very essential to ensure that the hormones in the body are supported and get all the balance needed.