Now Reading
Muslim Cleric, Ustadh Adeyemi Chides Muslim Women To Happily Share Their Husbands

Muslim Cleric, Ustadh Adeyemi Chides Muslim Women To Happily Share Their Husbands

Renowned Islamic scholar, Ustadh Abdulfattah Adeyemi has called women who do not want to share their husbands ‘thieves’ and ‘greedy’.

Adeyemi, who is also the founder of Baynakum Family Counseling Centre tells Muslim women that they only have 25% of their husbands, while the other 75% belongs to three other women. He then encouraged them to be happy to share their husbands with other women because men are the angels sent to help women.

READ ALSO: A South African Polygamist Dad-Of-10, Musa Mseleku Speaks On The Pros And Cons Of Polygamy Through A Book

The ustadh was speaking in line with the teachings of the Islamic faith,  of which he is an adherent, and at the the inauguration of Sisters of Jannah, a Muslim women’s charity organisation, whose members abide with and share the same Islamic faith as him.

The cleric said this in a paper titled, “Charity, a path to Jannah”, which he presented in Abuja during the inauguration of the women group that started as a support group for Muslim women from across tribes and different classes in Nigeria on Facebook.

READ ALSO: “Ladies, go for her husband!” – Woman Reacts to Facebook Commenter who Criticized Nigerian Women who are Anti-polygamy

The position of the Islamic faith regarding polygamy is not in question, men who adhere to the faith are allowed to take one up to four wives. They may take only one, or they may take more, but not more than four.

Female adherents are all too aware of this privilege given to their menfolk, even though many struggle to come to terms with the practical side of things, it is sacrosanct nonetheless.

READ ALSO: Emir of Kano Sanusi Set to Initiate Law Prohibiting Polygamy

The Ustadh admonished women “not to deny their husbands polygamy,” but should only pray that the husbands treat all equally in whatever actions he may take.

He also said it is not compulsory for a person to like or practice polygamy, but that it is prohibited and sinful to condemn it.

He said:

“Let me tell you that your husband is only yours 25 per cent; your husband is not your property; your only share of him is 25 per cent. The remaining 75 per cent belongs to other women.

If you want your husband 100 per cent, then you are a thief; you are going beyond the 25 per cent that is yours; the remaining 75 per cent belongs to other ladies.

Don’t think that because you are wives, other women should not share your husbands.”

He lamented the behaviour of some “overprotective” married women who deny the men their wishes of having more wives and described such as “ungodly.”

Ustadh Adeyemi added that overprotective women have only served to make many men devise “smart means” of engaging in illegal relationships outside their matrimonial homes. He urged housewives to “stop being unnecessarily jealous of their husbands’ relationships outside.”

He said:

“Men are not stupid, the men are even becoming smart. It’s until when some die that you know how many children they have.

I am not saying that is what happens every time; but if you think you are too smart, men are smarter.

You have never been a man before in your life, you can’t imagine what goes through in the minds of men. Let us fear Allah, as much as possible.

If Allah makes it easy for you, if they ask you to shift, please shift a little so that somebody else can also sit down.

And you that is asking somebody else to shift, you have to fear Allah; you that they want to allow to come in, fear Allah. Don’t go there and scatter their lives for them. Don’t go there and constitute problem for them.

See Also

The man may be doing it for the sake of Allah, don’t let him regret it.”

Ustadh Adeyemi also blamed women for the failure of most polygamous homes and asked them to have a change of heart.

READ ALSO: African Tradition Vs Western Tradition? Why a Nigerian Catholic Priest Supports Polygamy

He said:

“Whenever you see polygamy that is not successful, it is because of a woman.

Na woman dey do woman. The one that is inside the house and the one that is coming into the house and both women.It is women that are the enemies of women.

If the man is trying to be just, it is the other woman that will go and enter him and turn his head the other way. You will be going North and he will be going South.

It is two women that are both diabolical because of a man. We men are the Angels that Allah sends to help women.”

By his comments, the cleric has irked a lot of people, and caused a frenzy across social media platforms.

READ ALSO: “Polygamy is a Man Made Act to Dominate Women”  – Veteran Singer Felix Liberty Shares his Beliefs about Marriage

In reality, his central view of polygamy would be deemed as guided by divine principle, while his choice of words would be deemed sarcastic and reflective of his individual personality by Muslim folks who share his sentiments in matters of faith.

Copyright © 2021 Motherhood In-Style Magazine. All Rights Reserved.