Noodles are pretty much staple food in many Nigerian homes. We can’t tell why but we just know kids love love it. Many mums choose noodles because it is easy to cook and less time consuming, plus it can be really yummy with mixed vegetables.
There are questions around whether noodles is good for kids, however we know that it is made from the same ingredients as our common spaghetti or pasta.
If you have some concerns about the safety of noodles, feed your child with noodles sparingly.
Another tip is to replace the seasoning that comes with packed noodles with tomato sauce or stew, add vegetables and protein sources to your noodles and treat your toddler to a yum recipe.
See our suggested recipe below:
This recipe is for babies from 8 months to toddlers, you may increase the portion you make according to your child’s age.
- Half packet of noodles
- Green peas and carrots (diced)
- 1-2 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- shredded chicken or fish
1. Put a little over half a cup of water in pot and bring to boil.
2. Add raw noodles, tomato sauce, shredded chicken or fish and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the Veggies (peas and diced carrots), stir and bring down to retain freshness. Cover pot with the lid so the steam and further cook the veggies.
Tip: You may serve with boiled egg if shredded chicken or fish is not available.
Photo credit: Google