Prince Charles Tests Positive For COVID-19
Queen Elizabeth’s first son and immediate heir to the British throne, Prince Charles has tested positive for Coronavirus. Clarence House confirmed that the 71-year-old royal had been diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease in a statement released, Tuesday morning.
A Clarence House spokesman said he was
“displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual”.
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are now self-isolating at their home in Scotland. The Duchess has also been tested for the virus but did not have it, the spokesman said.
READ ALSO: UK Mum, Diane Middleton Warns About Misconceptions Of COVID-19 After Her Daughter, Chloe, 21, Becomes UK’s Youngest Person To Die From The Disease
The full statement reads:
“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus.
“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual. The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.
“In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.See Also
“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
Meanwhile, English singer-songwriter, Fleur East has spoken about meeting with Prince Charles two weeks ago before he tested positive for COVID-19
‘He just kept forgetting to not shake people’s hands. He kept reaching out.’
‘I didn’t know how to greet a royal full stop; let alone in these times!’