Most miscarriages are caused by genetic abnormalities in the fetus. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to prevent miscarriages caused by genetic abnormalities.
However, not all miscarriages are caused by genetic abnormalities. If you have had a miscarriage, work with your health care provider to determine the reason for your miscarriage, if possible, and to plan a future pregnancy. A healthy lifestyle before and during pregnancy may help. Here are some tips that may help prevent miscarriage:
1. Be sure to take at least 400 mg of folic acid every day, beginning at least one to two months before conception, if possible.
2. Exercise regularly.
3. Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
4. Manage stress.
5. Keep your weight within normal limits.
6. Don’t smoke and stay away from secondhand smoke.
7. Don’t drink alcohol or have more than one to two cups of a caffeinated beverage like coffee a day.
8. Avoid illicit drugs.
9. Make sure you are up to date on immunizations.
10. Avoid radiation and poisons such as arsenic, lead, formaldehyde, benzene, and ethylene oxide.
11. Take special care to keep your abdomen safe while pregnant. Avoid sports that carry a higher risk for injury, such as contact sports and skiing, and always wear your seat belt.
12. Check with your health care provider before taking any medication including over-the-counter drugs during pregnancy.
13. Avoid environmental hazards such as X-rays and infectious diseases.
14. You can also help ensure a healthy baby by finding out about and treating any health conditions you have before you try to conceive. If, for example, you know a previous miscarriage was due to an autoimmune response or a hormonal imbalance, seek treatment for this underlying condition.
Once you become pregnant, get early, comprehensive prenatal care to improve your chances of a healthy pregnancy.
Double tragedy befell a Nigerian man who lost his wife…
These days, many new moms- from the period of pregnancy,…
Ameena Aliyu-Beighton Soon after you get a positive pregnancy test,…
The National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control…
“You only have 6 months to live” , she was…
Generally, seventy percent of women experience back pain during pregnancy,…
Pregnancy and childbearing are beautiful gifts from God to women.…
Someone needs to promptly look into the affairs of his…
Every child birth is a miracle, and every childbirth- it…
Nice one MIM, all these tips are equally good for women in general.
Noted. Thanks MIM.
Message.. Noted and tnks for sharing
Message.. Noted and tnks for sharing.
Thanks a lot…‘secondhand smoke’ don’t get it
Message..I tink its being close to dose that are smoking n in d process u inhale a little of what dey smoke
Thanks @ Oluwatosin
Thanks for sharing its really going to go a long way to help people.
Thanks a lot.
I think this lesson is gona really gona help a lot of women experiencing miscarriage:all we need do is help pass the message round.
Thanks MIM for sharing.
This is quit handy tnx admin
Helpful info tnx
Av learn alot frm MIM. That for that advice
Your email address will not be published.