ALERT! Nigerian Mom Shares How Her Son Suffered Severe Body Reaction After Consuming a Pack of Juice (Photos)

A Nigerian mother Ifunanya Nwadike has revealed horrific details of how her son almost lost his life after drinking a certain brand of juice.

The boy identified as Chibuikem Nwadike developed a reaction that nearly killed him. Chibuikem got so sick that his eyes were bloodshot red, his lips badly bruised and bleeding, his skin was also bruised and bleeding.

He was admitted to the hospital in the first week of December 2017 where the doctors found out he was allergic to the juice and that led to him suffering from Steven Johnson Syndrome.

On February 28, his mother shared a post on Facebook, celebrating her young son as he clocked a new age. All that celebration of life is even bigger now as few months back, December to be precise, her son was struggling for his life on the hospital bed.

READ ALSO: This Testimony Liz John Black Shared About Her Son is Mind Blowing

In her post, she revealed that the little champ had to walk back the path to life after drinking the pineapple flavoured juice (Akanla Viva Jus) which triggered a major allergic reaction resulting to a rare condition.

The Doctors and nurses that treated him thought he will not survive it but, miraculously, he did

Interestingly, the handsome child is better now according to his mother but photos show that his lips and skin are still slightly scarred.

READ ALSO: Actress Mosun Filani Shares Amazing Testimony of how God Healed her Son after a Life-threatening Head Injury at 3 Months Old

Ifunanya Nwadike shared her son’s photos and wrote;

”My heartthrob, my Prince Charming, my pride, my joy, my strong man, #Godsfavourite,first week of December he was admitted in the hospital for taking a substance we never knew he was allergic to which resulted to STEVEN JOHNSON SYNDROME.

Who would have taught he would make it, even the doctors and the nurses didn’t believe in his survival but praised God for it, it was a very sorrowful time in the family, everyone kept crying for the fear of survival, but the God of the Nwadikes never put us to shame (with God ALL things are possible).

The great physician magnified himself and we exalted him, today mummy’s love is +1, friends join me to wish my pride a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and my prayers is that you will excel in every area of life, God’s grace, blessings, favour,healing, will never depart from your life, your path will forever be guided by the almighty and more money into your account son
We love you to the 🌙 and 🔙.”

Steven Johnson Syndrome: SJS is an immune complex mediated hypersensitivity reaction that typically involves the skin and mucous membranes and was first described in 1922 by Albert Stevens and Frank Johnson.

READ ALSO: Photos: Victim Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Dies After Allegedly Taking Septrin

SJS is a rare and unpredictable reaction, and is also a minor form of toxic epidermal necrolysis with less than 10 per cent body surface area involvement.

SJS is a rare but serious and potentially life-threatening contagious drug reaction. Incidence of SJS is estimated between 1.1 and 7.1 cases per million per year and is more prevalent in women than men…

The outbreaks of the disease are higher in Africa because of the extensive use of herbal drugs and the prevalence of HIV, according to Dr. Olanrewaju Falodun, a Senior Consultant Physician/Dermatologist at the National Hospital, Abuja.

Common symptoms of the deadly disease include aches and pains, shedding of skin, fatigue, tongue swelling, fever, sore throat, hives and running nose.

We urged Nigerians to always involve health practitioners when unexplained reactions occur as a result of infections or in the use of drugs as the syndrome is unpredictable.


Here’s wishing him a happy birthday…Thank God for his life!

Photo credit: Facebook

1 Discussion on “ALERT! Nigerian Mom Shares How Her Son Suffered Severe Body Reaction After Consuming a Pack of Juice (Photos)”

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.