We bet you didn’t know all these facts about babies till now. From how they are formed to how they develop and grow, babies are just simply amazing.
1. The grasp of a newborn baby is so strong that its whole body can hang in midair, with its bent fingers supporting its weight
2.Up until 7 months old, a baby can breathe and swallow at the same time.
READ ALSO: Your Baby’s First Week: What to Expect & How to Cope
3. An average baby will go through approximately 2,700 diapers a year
4. A baby has around 10,000 taste buds, far more than adults. They are not just on the tongue but also on the sides, back, and roof of the mouth. Eventually these extra taste buds disappear.
5. If a person who was born 8 lbs. and 20 in. at birth continued growing at the same rate as he does the first year, by the time he reached 20, he’d be 25 ft. tall and weigh nearly 315 lbs.
6. A baby can recognize the smell and voice of its mother at birth. It takes a few weeks before a baby can see the difference between its mother and other adults.
7. At birth, babies have no kneecaps. Kneecaps do not develop completely until after six months.
8. Research shows that a baby responds positively to the fragrance of its mother’s breasts and ignores breast pads used by other women. Even more striking is the discovery that a blindfolded woman has the ability to identify her own child from a host of other babies by scent alone.
9. In the United States, more babies are born in late summer and early fall than in other times of the year. February tends to be the month when the least babies are born.
10. A newborn urinates about every 20 minutes and then roughly every hour at 6 months.
11. Some scientists suggest that shaking the head to mean “no” derives from newborns turning their head away from food when they are full.
READ ALSO: To Space Or Not To Space Your Children: Important Things To Consider
12. In four or five out of every 100 newborn babies, there is discharge of milk from the nipples. This is due to unusually high levels of the mother’s hormones that leak across the placenta during pregnancy. Premature babies never have this discharge, only those who are full term.
Sourced: random facts
Tags: baby facts
It is common knowledge that Augustsecrets makes the best foods…
Popular radio personality and mum-of-one, Tolu Oniru aka Toolz has…
There is really no standard or fixed time for you…
Bamidele Wale-Oshinowo It’s always a joy to witness your baby’s…
Mrs Olubunmi Lawal, the National President, National Association of Paediatric…
Ameena Aliyu-Beighton I remember my first child was quite an…
New mums can sometimes have little idea what to expect,…
Chioma Momah Baby is finally here but after the initial…
Ogbugoh Terundu Joy Good dental care is not limited to…
Wow this is great to know.
Hmmm…Learning new things. thanks MIM.
More to point 12, some new born female babies do have vaginal bloody mucus discharge due to the same hormonal issues discussed in point 12. #asexplainedbydoctors#
Wow interesting facts.
KIDS ARE WONDERFUL CREATURES.
Wow thanks for sharing
Nice one. Thnx MIS
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Hmmm1daful facts tnx admin
lovely.I enjoyed this write up
Great and interesting facts. Thanks
Amazing facts…..wonderful creatures
lol nice facts
Thanks for sharing MIM
Your email address will not be published.