NECO To Release Over 30,000 Withheld Results After Niger State Government Did This

The National Examination Council (NECO) is set to release the results of 30,000 public school candidates that have being withheld. The students will be able to access their results following an intervention by the Niger State Government which says it has paid N200 million to the examination body to ensure the release of the results.
The state government added that it had agreed to pay NECO N50 million monthly to defray the outstanding balance that had accrued over the years – NECO had withheld the results of over 30,000 public school candidates in Niger over the state government’s inability to pay their examination fees.
A statement by Mary Berje, the chief press secretary to Governor Abubakar Bello, said on Tuesday, September 17, in Minna that the money was part of the examination fees the north-central state was owing the examination body.
It said that government had paid more than N1 billion to various examination bodies in the last three years as part of efforts to provide free education to students in the state, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. The statement added that the state government had agreed to pay the examination body N50 million monthly to defray the outstanding balance that had accrued over the years.
“The state government has met with the officials of NECO; we have agreed in principle, after making some payments last week, that they will release the results this week,”
It said.
The statement expressed government’s commitment and effort towards revamping the education sector, adding that the sector was a top priority of the current administration. The students are currently not able to access their results which were released on August 27, 2019.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.