Cocoa butter skin lotion, coconut oil, citrus flavoured shower gel and cucumber face masks are sure ways to help your skin look radiant. However, eating these specific foods can be more cost-effective and build richer skin in terms of quality and appearance.
1. Poultry meats are rich sources of Zinc. Zinc is the nutrient that helps the oil producing sebaceous glands heal skin damage and makes the skin supple and soft. Some good examples are turkey and chicken.
2. Seafoods supply essential fatty acids that the body cannot produce and help maintain skin moisture. Good examples are oily fish like Sardines, Tuna, Shrimps, Lobster and Crabs.
3. Soya Beans is a good source of Vitamin B complex which plays an important role in keeping the skin smooth and moist.
4. Do you want Tina Turner’s kind of youthful skin? Well, her skin probably has strong collagen, the elastic tissue in the skin that keeps it from sagging. Sweet Potatoes contain vitamin C, a very effective antioxidant which helps in the production of collagen. You can roast them if you’re tired of the conventional mashed potatoes.
5. Indulge in some Dark Chocolates because they do more that make sweet love to your taste buds – they help the skin stay hydrated and protect it from Ultra Violet rays from the sun. According to Fitness Magazine, you should opt for brands that have a high flavanol content and at least 60% cacao. Yummy!
READ ALSO: 7 Simple Tips for a Brighter Skin
6. As the dry season approaches, try to eat as much nuts as possible because they contain vitamin E, an important antioxidant that supplies and maintains skin moisture. Nuts include Almond, Walnuts and Cashew nuts.
7. Eat varieties of Green Vegetables. Research carried out by the British Journal of Nutrition discovered that people who consumed more green veggies had less wrinkles than those who consumed less.
The ideal dosage should be 250 grams where one large pepper contains 190 grams. Green veggies include Spinach, Broccoli, Pepper and Tomatoes. They all contain antioxidants that combat aging free radicals.
8. A rainbow serving of colourful Fruits like Apple, Oranges, Cucumber, Strawberry and Bananas will also go a long way in giving you that healthy, youthful and glowing skin everyone craves.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition studied over 4000 women between the ages 40 and 70 and discovered that those who routinely consumed Vitamin C-rich fruits had less wrinkles and dry skin that is usually associated with aging.
READ ALSO:PHOTOS: Rich London Kids Show Off Lavish Summer on Social Media
9. When UB40 sang the classic Red Red Wine, I bet they didn’t know that Red Wine reduces the damage done by the sun’s harmful UV rays. According to prevention.com’s Jessica Girdwainin, red wine contains resveratol, an antioxidant compound with anti-tumor properties. But remember, moderation is key.
10. Water hydrates the skin and makes it appear less wrinkled and supple. It should be taken more than juices and carbonated drinks because it doesn’t contain sugar which weakens collagen and increases sagging and wrinkled skin.
Tags: Foods for a healthier skin
The purchase of a skincare product comes with a very…
Most women do not know what skincare really entail. For…
The Nigerian Queen 2018 Winner, Rachael Amune has donated a…
Asia Mekole, her sister India Janee, and their mother were born with…
Sacha Pugsley, from Cardiff, was just nine years old when…
Reno Omokri, through his regular nuggets on social media, has…
Ineh Olisah Stretch marks are quite common among women, and…
Dolapo Marinho We all know that a mother’s work is…
A 28-year-old beauty blogger and single mother-of-two, Tracy Kiss, in…
Noted. Thanks for sharing MIM.
Nice one…thanks MIM
Well noted. Thanks for sharing
Nice one. Thanjs for this.
Thanks admin.Drinking lots of water works most effectively
Your email address will not be published.