Now Reading
Actress Esther Anakulu Nze Reveals Her Conditions For Marriage : ”I can’t marry a salary earner”

Actress Esther Anakulu Nze Reveals Her Conditions For Marriage : ”I can’t marry a salary earner”

In this interview with Vanguard, fast rising Nollywood star,  Chineye Esther Anakulu Nze, better known in the movie industry as Chesan Nze, opens up on her journey into entertainment, love life, sex and marriage.

Speaking about her kind of man, the singer and skin care therapist, from Anambra state clearly disclosed that she can never marry a man who collects salary, as she’s a boss lady, she must marry a boss man too.

Read excerpts from her interview…

What does it take to win your heart?

The guy must be educated, God-fearing, cute enough to give me good-looking kids. He must also be rich, hardworking and independent.

When I say independent, I mean he must be a boss man, a boss of himself, not one who works under anybody.

I can’t marry a man who collects salary. I’m a boss lady, so, I must marry a boss man too.

Can you date a man much older than you?

If there is love I can, and the limit age I can date is 45years.

READ ALSO: Study Says Couples Who Marry Between the Ages of 28 and 32 Face Lowest Issues Of Divorce | See Why

From your experience of dating Nigerian men, how romantic are they?

They are not really romantic, only few are.

Who is the best kisser you have kissed on set?

I have kissed four actors both in Ghana and Nigeria and when doing them there are no emotions. So, I don’t know who is the best kisser.

How strong is sex for you in a relationship?

Sex in a relationship for me is 80% important, because when the sex is a little bit boring the relationship starts falling apart,while the remaining 20% is about character and communication. But no matter how good a guy is in bed, if he treats me badly, I will walk away.

READ ALSO: “I can’t marry a poor man . . .”- Iyabo Ojo’s Shares Her Conditions for Remarriage

How has acting influenced your romantic relationships?

My last relationship died because the guy I dated then had issues with my acting. He’s a jealous guy, he said I was always surrounded mostly by men and he didn’t like it.

What has been your worst experience on set?

The truth about it is, you will be humiliated by those who have been there before you. They have to make you feel we have been there before you, you have to respect us and be loyal to us.

I think it’s a tradition in Nollywood, as an actor, you must respect those who have been there before you.

READ ALSO: Why “marrying a rich guy doesn’t guarantee happy marriage” The Gospel According to Actress, Uche Ebere Agu

Don’t tell us there aren’t men fine enough in Nollywood to win your heart ?

See Also

I have not dated anyone in the industry; it’s just like you’re in a firm and you start dating people in the firm, you will lose your respect.

When you get laid by one they use that opportunity to pass you around and you become useless in no time. I think it’s not right to mess around where you work.

Is it true that you can’t make it in the industry without getting laid ?

Like I said earlier, the industry is full of bad and good people. If you are not lucky you meet the bad people first.

And if you are lucky you meet the good people who would help you and set you on the easy path. I must say it’s easier for men than women, especially beautiful women, because everyone wants to have a taste of you.

If you are good, your talent will see you through but if you are not, they will only use and dump you. I have the potential and they saw the talent in me, I was accepted, so why would they want to sleep with me when they know I’m good?

READ ALSO: Nollywood Actress/Producer Sylvia Edem Spills on Marriage & Why She Will Never Marry a Nigerian Man

What is the competition like in Nollywood among ladies to get roles?

There are too many women in the industry and some of them are so desperate to the extent that they could go extra miles just to take your own role from you.

Another problem comes from people who are older in the industry, they don’t want the younger ones to take over. Most times, they get on your nerves to discourage you and make you quit.

If there is love in the industry so many youths will be coming out; that is why most movies you see, you see more of the older faces in the industry instead of the younger ones.

View Comments (2)
  • This girl should go and sit down Biko. All these actresses that does not have substance be running their mouth. That was how nurse Titi of clinic matters said Nigerian men don’t have what she desires in a man, but she ended up marrying a Nigerian man. Tomorrow now, we will hear she’s marrying one man that works somewhere that earns so and so amount per month. You don’t talk based on your situation per time. You may have to swallow your words in the long run.

Copyright © 2021 Motherhood In-Style Magazine. All Rights Reserved.